- Onnela JP, Rauch SL. Harnessing smartphone-based digital phenotyping to enhance behavioral and mental health. Neuropsychopharmacology : official publication of the American College of Neuropsychopharmacology. 2016;41(7):1691–6. Link.
- Gillett, G., & Saunders, K. E. A. Remote monitoring for understanding mechanisms and prediction in psychiatry. Current Behavioral Neuroscience Reports 2019;6(2):51–56. Link.
- Ghaemi SN, Dalley S, Catania C, Barroilhet S. Bipolar or borderline: a clinical overview. Acta psychiatrica Scandinavica. 2014;130(2):99-108. Link.
- Gillett G, McGowan N, Palmius N, Bilderbeck AC, Goodwin GM & Saunders KE. Identifying digital communication markers of depression in borderline personality disorder, bipolar disorder and healthy control populations [Conference Presentation]. Royal College of Psychiatrists Faculty of General Adult Psychiatry Annual Conference, 15-16th October, 2020. Link.
- Thomée S. Mobile Phone Use and Mental Health. A Review of the Research That Takes a Psychological Perspective on Exposure. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2018;15(12):2692. Link.
- Vahedi Z, Saiphoo A. The association between smartphone use, stress, and anxiety: A meta-analytic review. Stress Health. 2018;34(3):347‐358. Link.
- Tsanas A, Saunders KE, Bilderbeck AC, Palmius N, Osipov M, Clifford GD, et al. Daily longitudinal self-monitoring of mood variability in bipolar disorder and borderline personality disorder. Journal of affective disorders. 2016;205:225-33. Link.
- Spitzer RL, Kroenke K, Williams JB, Löwe B. A brief measure for assessing generalized anxiety disorder: the GAD-7. Arch Intern Med. 2006;166(10):1092‐1097. Link.
Conflict of Interest
Prof Goodwin is a NIHR Emeritus Senior Investigator, holds shares in P1vital and P1Vital products and has served as consultant, advisor or CME speaker in the last 3 years for Compass pathways, Evapharm, Janssen, Lundbeck, Medscape, P1Vital, Sage, Servier. Dr Saunders is supported by the NIHR Oxford Health Biomedical Research Centre. Dr Bilderbeck has received salaries from P1vital Ltd. Dr Palmius holds shares in SmartCare Analytics Ltd. Dr Gillett and Dr McGowan report no competing interests.
The study was supported by the Wellcome Trust through a Centre Grant no. 98,461/Z/12/Z, “The University of Oxford Sleep and Circadian Neuroscience Institute (SCNi)”. This work was also funded by a Wellcome Trust Strategic Award (CONBRIO: Collaborative Oxford Network for Bipolar Research to Improve Outcomes, Reference number 102,616/Z).
The AMoSS study was conceived and designed by KEAS and GMG. The Android application was developed by NP. Data was collected by KEAS and ACB. The analyses presented here were conceived, designed and performed by GG. The poster is designed, written and presented by GG.
The views expressed are those of the author(s) and not necessarily those of the NHS, the NIHR or the Department of Health.